It’s the afternoon, what am I going to make for my child not to eat tonight?
A quick hunt in the cupboard found me these spices (and either agave or a sprinkle of coconut sugar to help the ‘charcoal’ process)and I had chicken breast in the freezer.
- 2x Organic and/or Free Range chicken breast
- Smoked paprika 1TBSP (and then another sprinkle)
- Garlic salt 1TBSP
- Turmeric 1 TBSP
- Organic Coconut sugar 1 TBSP or Agave syrup
- Lemon, quartered
- Organic brown wraps
- Rocket (home grown, grows like a weed without much maintenance)
- Sundried tomato
- Avocado (optional)
- Cut the chicken into strips
- Squeeze lemon juice over the chicken
- Sprinkle equal amounts of the 3xspices, then add some more smoked paprika
- Add the sugar or syrup and then mix well with your hands to give the chicken an equal coverage
- Cook the chicken (I added the lemon wedges to skillet for the cooking process) and allow the sugar to charcoal a little. This charcoaling plus the smoked paprika will help give it that smokey flavour. The lemon helps ‘cut’ the flavour so it is still fresh and light.
- Once the chicken is cooked layer your ingredients onto the wrap.
- Roll up Kebab style and place the wraps onto the skillet to toast.
*Optional: I’m not a mayonaisey type of person so I didn’t add any but you may want to add some or even better, a layer of avocado so these aren’t too dry. The toddler got cheese added to hers.