And what am I going to do with these Avocados? Uhhh make a chocolate mousse of course!
Chocolate Mousse without the guilt?? Yes please.
1. 2 Avocados (this particular mix ended up being 1 1/2 avocados because of a surprise rotten half)
2. 6 Tsp Cacao powder (can use cocoa powder but will no longer be a Paleo dessert)
3. 6 Dates soaked in boiled water
*optional: 4. 1 Tsp Molasses -will no longer be classed as Paleo or sugar free-
1. Firstly, soak the dates.
2. Whilst the dates and the hot water are doing their thing scoop out the avocados and puree with your puree stick – You could also use a blender but a puree stick will ensure a completely smooth consistency.
3. Add in the Cacao powder (or Cocoa powder if that’s what you had available) and blend baby blend.
4. Drain the hot water from the dates and add the dates to the avocado mix. Blend until consistency is as smooth as possible.
5. If you want to add the Molasses blend it in at the end here. It will add a richness to your mousse.
6. If you can resist eating immediately, refrigerate the mousse for awhile. It will turn into a nice YoGo type consistency. Allowing the mousse to rest for awhile also helps the ingredients to blend into each other nicely removing any remaining avocado taste.
CORRECTION: I called this a dessert and then ate it for breakfast. It’s pretty much an all day food and should be at the top of your food pyramid 😉