Good morning Beauties! This weeks Sunday Bake day was Butter free coconut berry bars. Yum yum yum. These don’t fit under the Paleo umbrella but they are still as healthy as baking can be.
1 cup berries
1 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 cup plain Flour
1 Tsp baking powder
2 Tsp vanilla essenceer
1 cup milk (I used ‘So Good’ Soy Hashtag product placement)
1. Place egg and coconut sugar in a bowl together and beat until smooth
2. Add flour and baking powder to the mix
3. Add coconut, milk, vanilla essence
4. Once thouroughly mixed, add oil and then the berries
5. Pour mix into a pre-greased silicone mould – I like to use a bake mould that makes little bars – Woolworths/Big W/Kmart/Robins Kitchen
6. Bake in a low to moderate over for 45 minutes until the cakes spring back up when gently pressed
N.B the more you mix the berries in the more purple your mix will turn 😉
I popped these out of the moulds straight away and onto a cooling rack as I didn’t have the leisure of time to wait for them to cool. Luckily I put some away in the freezer for an afternoon tea next week as when I got home from my makeup job, the remaining bars had all been devoured by Husband and Toddler!
These babies are quick and easy as well as a healthy bake. They can be put together before work, Try it tomorrow. Set your alarm for 15 minutes earlier than usual, don’t even stop to think about putting the snooze on, jump out of bed make yourself a coffee and put these together before everyone else is out of bed. Just don’t forget to set the timer on the oven!!
You’ll have an extra goodie for lunch boxes or everyone to inhale when they get home from work/school. Plus you’ll also feel that little bit of self satisfaction that you managed to fit something else into your already packed full schedule! Happy baking Beauties