To continue on sharing my favorite ‘bash together no fuss’ sunday baking whilst still keeping the family’s health and budget in mind this Banana bread is one of my favorite go to’s.
1. 3 Bananas
2. 2 eggs
3. 2 cups muesli or rolled oats
4. 2 cups full cream natural yoghurt (ensure it doesn’t have any gluten binders)
5. 1 cup milk
6. 1/2 cup coconut sugar
7. 2 TBSP Molasses
8. 2 TBSP vanilla essence
9. 1 cup buckwheat flour
10. 2 TSP Baking powder
1. Mix all wet ingredients together -except banana- pour in muesli (or your rolled oats) and allow them to soak for 20 minutes until the mix has thickened. This is now your wet mix.
2. Whilst the wet mix is thickening, mash your banana until pureed ( or use a puree stick ).
3. Mix all dry ingredients together.
4. Mix dry ingredients and pureed banana into the wet mix.
5. Line a silicone loaf tin with coconut oil and pour in mix. Bake for approx. 30 mins in a moderate oven until cake springs back up when touched.
N.B. If the top is starting to brown and the loaf is still wobbly (jelly like) turn down your oven.
There you have a healthy banana bread that stays moist and will taste great! Even the carpenter Husband loves this bake.